Fiver is a great place for buyers to find freelancers and sellers to offer their freelancing services. But did you know that Fiverr operates several other platforms in addition to its main marketplace? One of these is Fiverr Pro.
Fiverr Pro is Fiverr’s premium service. Fiverr Pro connects buyers looking for highly-skilled freelancers with qualified sellers. To join, sellers must have their skills and experience verified by Fiverr. Sellers can also charge a premium for their work.
In this article, we explain what Fiverr Pro is and step you through how to apply to become a seller on Fiverr’s premium service.
First up, let’s take a closer look at the Fiverr Pro model.
What Does Fiverr Pro Mean?
Fiverr Pro is a marketplace of vetted professional sellers. It’s designed for buyers who are seeking premium services and are prepared to pay accordingly. Fiverr Pro sellers offer high-quality work and customer service, and their rates reflect this.
Launched in 2017, Fiverr Pro is designed to showcase and connect the top 1% of sellers to professional buyers.
To become a Fiverr Pro seller, you must apply. Fiverr assesses each application and vets sellers in terms of the quality of their work and their level of service. So when buyers purchase a gig from Fiverr Pro, they know they’re connecting with qualified, experienced freelancers.
If you’re approved as a Pro seller, you must follow Fiver’s guidelines and responsibilities. These set out the high standards Fiverr expects from Pro sellers. Failure to follow these rules may lead to Fiverr removing your Pro seller badge.
What Can You Sell On Fiverr Pro?
|Writing and translation||Blog posts and articles
Proofreading and editing
Brand voice and tone
|Digital marketing||Public relations
Social media marketing and advertising
Mobile app marketing
|Graphic and design||Logos
Business cards and stationery
Brochure and poster design
T-Shirts and merchandise
Cartoons and comics
Brand style guides
|Video and animation||Video editing
Intro and outros
Lyric and music videos
Short video ads
3D product animation
|Programming and tech||Web programming
Website builders and CMS
Cybersecurity and data protection
|Music and audio||Singers and vocalists
Mixing and mastering
Producers and composers
|Business||Writing business plans
Conducting market research
Data storage databases
Fiverr is working on expanding this list to include other services. If you’re approved to join Fiverr Pro, you can only offer gigs in your approved service category.
How Much Does It Cost to Join Fiverr Pro?
It’s free to join Fiverr Pro. While there’s no Fiverr Pro membership fee, Fiverr takes its usual cut from every gig fee.
Fiverr vs Fiverr Pro
Fiverr and Fiverr Pro are part of the same platform. They both offer a range of services at varying price points. The gig buying process also works similarly between the two platforms.
However, there are some key differences.
Firstly, Fiverr Pro aims to offer discerning buyers access to a higher level of talent. While Fiverr always verifies a seller’s identity, Fiverr Pro goes one step further, verifying their qualifications and skills. Fiverr Pro showcases the best freelancing talent available on the platform.
This means the gig prices are usually higher on Fiverr Pro. So from a seller’s perspective, the earning potential is higher on Fiverr Pro. This is not only because of gig value but also the ability to package services and offer subscriptions.
A unique feature of Fiverr Pro is the ability to sell subscription services. This is ideal for ongoing projects such as digital marketing or SEO. Pro sellers can offer subscriptions between 3 and 6 months long.
As a Pro seller, you’ll also have access to a Customer Success Manager. They can advise you on how to use and expand your business on Fiverr Pro.
Sound good? Then let’s see how to become a Pro seller.
How Do You Become a Pro Seller on Fiverr?
You need to apply to become a Fiverr Pro seller. The application process looks at your professional experience, education, and previous work. Fiverr reviews all applications and decides whether a seller can start selling on Fiverr Pro.
Whether you’ve freelanced on Fiverr for years or only joined the platform yesterday, you can apply for Fiverr Pro. The main criteria you need to apply is a portfolio of previous work.
How To Apply for Fiverr Pro
Here’s how to apply to become a Fiverr Pro seller in 3 easy steps.
- Create a Fiverr account (if you don’t already have one) and log in.
- Click on Fiverr Pro and complete an application. You will need to include your resume, a portfolio, case studies, references, social media information, and other documents to verify your identity.
- Once you’ve completed the application, submit it!
Fiverr will then review your application. This can take several weeks and Fiverr may contact you for further information.
Keep in mind that if Fiverr approves your application, you can only sell gigs within the service category you applied for. If you want to later expand your gigs to a second category, you’ll need to submit another application.
It’s common for existing Fiverr sellers to apply to become a Pro seller. If this is you, you might wonder what happens to your existing gigs if Fiverr approves your application?
Existing Gigs and Fiverr Pro
If you want to convert your existing gigs to Pro gigs, you’ll need to make a request to Fiverr. The Fiverr team then reviews the gig and decides whether or not to convert it. When considering this, they look at factors like the quality of the gig, your previous communications with buyers, and any terms of service violations relating to the gig.
When applying to become a Fiverr Pro seller, you need to put your best foot forward. Let’s look at how you can do this.
Tips for Applying to Become a Fiverr Pro Seller
Here are our tips for preparing a strong application to become a Fiverr Pro seller.
- Spend time putting your application together. It’s similar to preparing a client pitch. Put the effort into curating an impressive portfolio and presenting it in a professional, persuasive way.
- Don’t be afraid to promote yourself and your work. Fiverr wants to see the type and quality of work you produce. So make sure you present your best work and your professional achievements. Now’s not the time to be shy!
- Explain your process. Fiverr needs to understand how you work to decide whether you’re a good match for professional-level buyers.
- Don’t forget to include examples of your work. This is the easiest way to demonstrate why you belong on Fiverr Pro. Provide samples that show the range and quality of your work, as well as any notable clients you’ve worked with.
- Include your social media accounts. This helps with the verification process and may also provide more examples of your previous work.
- Triple check your application. Make sure the information is complete and accurate to help Fiverr verify it. Also check for any typos or other mistakes. Your application should be high quality, like your work and customer service.
Is It Hard to Get On Fiverr Pro?
It’s harder to start selling on Fiverr Pro than on Fiverr’s standard platform. Fiverr sets a high bar for accepting sellers to Fiverr Pro and rejects many applications. But if you have the necessary professional abilities and experience, you have a better chance of being accepted.
Fiverr approves a small percentage of the Fiverr Pro applications it receives from sellers. According to the platform, the acceptance rate is around 1%! But if you’re an expert in your field and have the necessary level of experience, then it’s worth applying.
Keep in mind that if you do make it to Fiverr Pro, the hard work doesn’t stop there. The buyers have high expectations that you’ll need to meet, both in terms of work product and service.
If you don’t feel ready to apply to Fiverr Pro, or Fiverr rejects your application, don’t be deterred! You can reapply once you’ve built up more experience and grown your portfolio. In the meantime, focus on growing your business on the regular Fiverr. For example, work on increasing your seller level instead.
Given how difficult it is to be accepted to Fiverr Pro, you might be wondering whether it’s worth it.
Is Fiverr Pro Worth It?
Fiverr Pro is worth it for both buyers and sellers. As a buyer, you have access to verified expert sellers delivering a high standard of work. As a seller, you pay the standard Fiverr commission rates, while having access to higher-paid gigs.
Advantages of Fiverr Pro for Buyers
If you’re a buyer looking for someone with specialised knowledge and experience, then Fiverr Pro is the marketplace for you. Fiverr Pro gives buyers access to a marketplace of sellers whose expertise has been verified by Fiverr.
This guarantees you’ll find someone with the necessary skills and experience to do the job.
Advantages of Fiverr Pro for Sellers
Being approved by Fiverr Pro seriously boosts your credibility as a Fiverr seller. In turn, this attracts more serious clients. Fiverr Pro gives you access to new business opportunities with professional-level clients. These clients are sometimes larger, well-known companies that you can build long-term working relationships with.
As a Fiverr Pro seller, you’ll get a Pro badge on every gig you offer. So buyers know that you’re offering professional-level services and that Fiverr has verified your credentials. This allows you to charge higher rates for your work. The opportunity to offer subscriptions also increases your earning potential.
Fiverr Pro also offers higher price limits for gigs than the standard platform. Fiverr Pro sellers can price their gigs up to $20,000 and custom offers up to $50,000.
A final benefit of Fiverr Pro for sellers is the shorter payment clearance period. On Fiverr, you’re paid as soon as the gig is marked as complete. However, Fiverr then holds the funds before they’re released to the seller. On the standard platform, Fiverr holds these funds for 14 days. For Fiverr Pro sellers, this reduces to 7 days.
Tips for Using Fiverr Pro
If you’re interested in using Fiverr Pro as a buyer or seller, here are some tips to make the most of it.
- Compare sellers. Like the standard Fiverr platform, it pays to look at and compare several freelancers. This will help you find the best person for the job, for the best price.
- Always communicate with a seller before buying a gig. This way you can iron out any issues before committing to a gig. Fiverr Pro sellers offer excellent customer service and are very responsive to buyer messages.
- Save your favourite sellers. Given the high quality of sellers on Fiverr Pro, you might find a freelancer you want to work with in the future. Save their profile so it’s easier to find them again.
- Craft compelling gig titles. Summarise what the gig is in a clear, succinct way. Including the right keywords is essential to appear in buyers’ search results.
- Add an impactful image to your gig. It’s true – a picture speaks a thousand words. Adding an image to your gig is another opportunity to convey your professionalism and attract the attention of buyers.
- Also consider adding a video to your gig. It’s another way to make your gig stand out. It helps buyers understand how you approach your work and reassures them of your ability to complete the gig.
Fiverr Pro – A Marketplace of Experts
Fiverr Pro aims to match professional buyers with vetted, expert-level sellers. If you’re a seller with extensive experience in your area, you should consider applying to join Fiverr Pro. This will increase your earning potential by connecting you with serious clients willing to pay top dollar for your expertise.